Summer is finally here! I’m so excited for lazy weekends in the park and on the beach, easy excuses to eat ice cream all the time, sweet fresh berries… 😀
But before it gets too hot in my flat, I thought I’d do some light summer baking and these fluffy raspberry jam muffins were perfect! These are great for breakfast or as a snack – they are surprisingly addictive, especially when warm, so try not to eat all of them in one go (as I almost did!).
Ingredients (makes 14 small muffins)
- 140 g golden caster sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 ml natural yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140 g butter, melted
- 14 tsp seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 170°C fan / 375°F.
- Line your cupcake/muffin tin with paper cases.
- Combine the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, bicarb) together.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, and mix with the yogurt and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and add in the melted butter.
- Gently fold everything together.
- Fill each muffin case halfway with batter, add a tsp of raspberry jam and top up with more batter.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!
(Recipe adapted from bbcgoodfood.com)